Tuesday, May 5, 2009

New/old Spanish Interview with Rob and Kristen

“The Beauty and the Vampire”


To give life to a vampire, one must live at night. Robert Pattinson (22 years old, London) does it: “I never leave my house during the day; I only socialize at night”. In Twilight he plays Edward, a vampire for which all the girls in the world have fallen in love with. Robert, Harry Potter’s Cedric Diggory is shy, pale and skinny.

You have two songs in the movie’s soundtrack. Are you a musician?
I used to have a band. I wrote one of the songs, and the other one was written by a friend. Catherine heard the songs and she decided to put them in the movie, Only one of them is in the sountrack “Never Think”.

Do you have any plans to release an album? Look at the Disney kids…
No, I hate that. I won’t consider it until I quit acting. I’ve only played in pubs. I had never recorded anything or made money with music. Maybe just 60 euros for playing here and there. I don’t want to become a franchise like the Disney kids.

You lived in Spain while filming your movie Little Ashes.
It was interesting. We filmed on the countryside and nobody spoke English, so I spent months without talking and reading about Dali.

Are you a loner?
When I work, if I don’t have enough information, I have to create the character by myself. I don’t have much of a life outside of acting, I don’t have a group to hang out with. I have two friends that I grew up with and that’s it. I could wake up one day and disappear without leaving anything behind.

How are you dealing with the fans and being chased by them?
It’s like having two jobs; acting and mantaining your fans interested so you can keep working.

What to you like to do in your free time?
I don’ go out much. I like to spend the day by myself doing my things and then socialize at night. I get bored talking to people. I ask someone out for dinner and 15 minutes later I’m tired of them.

Edward and Bella, The perfect couple?
Do they really have as much chemistry as they say? We put them to a test just to see how compatible they are.


Favorite Movie
Rob: “One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest. What movie did Kristen say? Hers is The Jungle Book. She just said it”.
Kristen: “Rob loves Breathless. He gave me the movie. Me… I don’t know. I love American Beauty.”

Favorite Song
Rob: “I used to be really into Morrison, now I like hip-hop. Her? Yeah, I guess I only play my music when I’m with people, that’s terrible, isn’t it?
Kristen: “I like Cul de Sac by Van Morrison. Rob’s a huge fan of him. If he says he’s not, he’s just saying it to contradict me”.

A recipe
Rob: “I’m really good with the microwave. She makes noodles and meatballs” (he did say noodles, not spaguetti).
Kristen: “I make canned meatballs and noodles. The best thing he knows how to do is opening a bottle of beer”.

What would you do if you couldn’t sleep?
Rob: “I’d read. I only sleep like three hours a day. I don’t like it. I never dream anything, it’s so boring”.
Kristen: “I’d write. I’d go crazy. Rob is going to say something just to tease you. He’s going to say something very dark and dramatic”.

If you could bite anyone, you’d bite…
Rob: “She’d probably say she’d bite me (laughs). I would bite anybody”.
Kristen: “Nikki Reed. Just kidding. He would bite me. They say we’re dating but we’re not. I have a boyfriend.”

Thanks to TwilightPoison.com for the interview and translation

No comments: