Saturday, May 23, 2009

Robert Pattinson causes a riot in Cannes: “I was carried by three bodyguards!”


Heartthrob Robert Pattinson, who has become a superstar thanks to the ‘Twilight’ saga, is in Cannes, and the least we can say is that he has fans absolutely everywhere, especially a few thousand on the Croisette (name that French give to Cannes), where every time he appears, he causes a riot.

Technikart magazine met the British star, who can’t get over the enthusiastic welcome which was given on the Croisette. Extracts.

“I was having lunch on the Carlton’s beach when 700 people crowded together at the entrance to the restaurant of the beach. It was funny, in a way… I was carried by three bodyguards to a car parked in front of the restaurant. They were literally carrying me; I wasn’t touching the ground anymore! It was really, really weird!”

“Everything has become more intense for six months, since ‘Twilight’ was released. It’s hard to handle what’s happening to me. I don’t have the necessary hindsight, even if only to find a way out to this situation. But this celebrity thing, you can’t fight it, it’s useless, you can’t avoid it. When it’s not something you desired during your whole life, or something you don’t aspire to, you’re free not to care about it. I didn’t sign for Disney. There’s not a stipulation which forces me to smile to the paparazzi.”

“Here, for the moment, it’s okay. I’d like to do things. But I don’t. I don’t like to be photographed. But I like the hotel… it’s the Hôtel du Cap. It’s like a job, I have business lunches. I leave restaurants in speedboat, like James Bond, it’s cool. I’m going to find time to see Tarantino’s movie. But I feel that being on the red carpet is going to ruin this pleasure too. I hate this in advance.”

Already bored Rob? Anyway, the fourth part of ‘Twilight’ (i.e. ‘Breaking Dawn’) is signed… You’re not done with celebrity!

Original interview in French to Technikart Magazine here
Translation here thanks to RobPattzNews

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A riot ensues as Robert Pattinson visits Cannes. : I was carried around by three bodyguards.


The cracking Robert Pattinson superstar thanks to the Twilight Saga is at Cannes and the least we can say is that his fans are absolutely every wear including thousands on the croisette where each one of his appearances brings an absolute riot.

“I was eating breakfast on Carleton beach and all of a sudden there are literally 700 people standing at the entrance of the restaurant. It was chaos and within a few minutes I was being carried by three body guards into a waiting vehicle. They where literally carrying me my feet didn’t touch the ground. It was bizarre.

“Everything has become more intense during these last 6 months since Twilight was released. It’s difficult to handle what’s been happening to me. I don’t have the necessary strength to deal with this whole situation. But the trick of celebrity is not the try and stop it just to pretend like its nothing. You can’t escape from it. When its not something your used to and something you haven’t been dealing with your whole life, something you don’t inspire to be you don’t have to live up to anyone expectations. I am not signed on to Disney there’s no clause saying I have to smile for photographers





For right now it’s liveable. Id love to be able to play de Hollywood game but I cant. I hate having my picture taken, but I love my hotel where staying at l’hotel du cap. Right now it’s a job. I wake up I have breakfast; I leave the hotel in a motor boat like James Bond Its cool. I will find the time thought to go see the new Tarantino movie. I think the walk up the stairs is going to finish me it’s supposed to symbolize the rise in your career, I already detest that.

Already tired Rob? You signed up for four Twilight films it’s not done yet…

JS77 said...

poor rob..... i hope he keeps up his career cause he is soooooo talented and i wanna keep seeing his gorgeous face,but i can understand how he could hate it too