Sunday, September 20, 2009

OK! Philippines Scans - New interview?




Robert Pattinson and his friends were trying to have a quiet lunch, in a restaurant they chose because no one else was dining there at the time. But fans and paparazzi quickly came in hordes and all of a sudden, Rob’s quiet lunch turned into a huge media event!
“We were in this place for a couple of hours and suddenly there were like three or four hundred people outside on the street,” Rob tells OK!.. “It was just so nuts and it’s like that all the time now. There was no one else in the restaurant at the time and I remember looking outside and thinking, ‘What are you doing?’’’
It’s been a year since Rob was first thrust into the Twilight spotlight as the eternally young 108-year-old vampire Edward Cullen but he still has to get used to all the intense- and at time crazy- attention towards him. “It’s still so sort of new,” he confesses. “But I’m trying to enjoy it as much as I can.”

In this exclusive interview, Rob shares with OK! his thoughts about his quick rise to fame, being beaten –in karaoke!- by fellow sexy actor Hugh Jackman, and why he doesn’t want his own creations to be included in future Twilight soundtracks.

Do you feel like you’re living in a parallel universe sometimes, what with all the media frenzy caused by the huge success of Twilight?
I don’t know what my real life is any more. I have to do this [acting] every day so I guess this is my real life anyway.

How are you handling it all?
I hope all right. I don't really know how I'll be in the long run about it. When the second one[The Twilight Saga:New Moon} comes out, then I'll see how I am then. But right now I can still ignore things to quite a big extend and kind of pretend they're not really happening.

It must be overwhelming at times.
It is. It's crazy, believe me, when young girls come up and say stuff to you like they're going to do this or that if you don't turn up at their school ... But I think the lucky thing is that I didn't set out to achieve anything so it's quite easy to deal with, and the only thing you have to deal with is the actual new lifestyle. My brain isn't changing, I think. It's people around you who change or who treat you differently.

Sequel Talk.
Rob talks about bequeathing the spotlight (sort of) New Moon.


In the book version of New Moon, your character Edward isn't in many of the scenes. But in the movie, Edward constantly appears in the dreams of Kristen Stewart's character Bella.
Yes I am, but I'm very much not the lead. It's Taylor[Lautner as werewolf Jacob, Edward's competition for Bella's heart] who's the lead and the dream stuff is very subtle. I'm a supporting role in it, which is why i felt so free. I don't have to hold the movie at all.

You look like you're very happy indeed about that.
I am. It's so much less pressure.

So lots more ass-kissing?
Yeah. [laughs]It's weird, you know, your parents reading interviews and stuff about you. because they relate to you on a different level and I want them to still just be my parents.

If your parents ever ask you for your autograph, you know you're in trouble.
[Laughs] Oh, that would be weird.

How do your friends back home handle everything that's happened to you? Do they still treat you the same way?
Yeah, they take the piss out of me all the time and they've always been like that so our relationship's the same. I think the thing is that people expect you to change and when you show them that you haven't, then it's all good. I've been friends with them for a long, long time so whatever's happening on the work front is not going to change that. they're just not so used to people following us when we go out or something. But they're very protective towards me. So yeah, it's all good.

Were you ever worried about you or your friends changing?
Yeah, in the beginning, if I'm being completely honest. You hear stories from other people about how those around them changed [when they became successful] and all that so I was scared that it would affect my friendships. But i don't take any of it seriously so [my friends] don't either. It's just a job; I love girls screaming out for Edward not Robert.

Which actors do you admire?
It's difficult to say out of new actors. I mean, I like Ryan Gosling's career a lot and I think Christian Bale's. I like alot of choices. Of course, I'm a huge fan of Jack Nicholson because Jack Nicholson did good movies his entire career.

Is it true you used to impersonate him as a child?
Yeah. Pretty embarrassing now.

Have you met him yet?
No. If I ever do, I'm sure I'll make a complete idiot of myself.

How did you get into acting in the first place?
It was kind of weird because I wasn't one of those kids that danced around the living room. I was quite shy and one day my dad and I were in a restaurant and all these gorgeous ladies girls came in.
And went up to them and asked them where they'd been and they'd just been to an acting class. And from then on my dad kept on at me to sign up for some classes. I think he's quiet a creative person but he never got the change to express it. My sister is a songwriter and he loves that because he never got to do that, and I think he was really into me being an actor and sort of having that experience for him. It sounds weird when I say it but it's not.

How did you handle it when Rolling stone magazine put you on top of their Hot List last year?
It's funny because I know those people. Like you meet the editor and you're like, "That's the guy who chose me."

Where do you live now?
I kind of wherever I need to be.

Can you live a normal life wherever you are?
It's a bit tricky. In L.A. it's really tough. In London, it's a bit easier because I have my group of friends. It's only bad when you're like by yourself or with one other person. If you have like ten people around you, it doesn't make any difference because then you have a cocoon and you can have a completely normal evening because I don't think people want to come up to you when there's a whole group of people [with you]. It's more intimidating if you're out having dinner with someone, then you get people coming up to you all night. Although as I said, they [fans] will trail us, which my mates find weird.

You sound like you're able to keep your sudden fame in perspective.
I guess my parents raised me to be pretty level-headed and also[the fame] is from a character that's already written and people transferred their affection for that onto the film, so I can't really claim anything.
It didn't come out of nowhere. Not that I knew it was such a popular character, but no one was screaming for me before, so they're screaming for Edward[now], not me. And some people do scream "Edward' so in that way it's easier to be a bit separate from it all and in that way you see it as a job. Like to have them screaming at you is part of the job. You don't think, "Oh they're all screaming for me, Robert you hear that[puffs out chest]'? So no, that doesn't happen. They want Edward, not me. I still find it hard to get a date. [Laughs]

So, you're not dating your costar Nikki Reed[plays Rosalie Cullen]?
No Comment. [laughs]

Are you single?
No comment. [laughs]

You're going to film a movie called Unbound Captives with fellow hearthrob Hugh Jackman.
[Laughs] Yeah, hopefully the girls will be screaming at him for a change and leave me alone. He's really cool. We did karaoke in Japan. He was promoting Australia there. It was him and [director] Baz Luhrman. [They] were singing ABBA songs, it was pretty funny.

What were you singing?
I was singing ABBA songs as well. It was sort of an ABBA song sing-off, you know, last man standing.

Who won?
I think, he[Hugh] did only because he can drink more than me and still sing in tune. He's a cool guy and I'm really looking forward to [the movie] It's an amazing script and I think it's really different to stuff he's done as well because he's not really too macho in it, even though he's playing a cowboy. It's a ghost of a cowboy and he's like a wreck and I don't think he's played that in a while.

Source: Twifans

I don't know if this is reliable. Don't shoot the messenger

No comments: