Friday, December 11, 2009
While the trailer for the Twilight Saga: New Moon movie was the biggest viral hit of 2009, the rest of the top ten was made up of solo singers.
The video for Beyoncé’s Single Ladies was the most watched music video with more than 333m views while Lady GaGa had two videos in the top 10.
The video for Michael Jackson’s Thriller was at number 6 and the video for Beat It was at 8. Meanwhile, Susan Boyle’s audition on Britain’s Got Talent was at number 5 with more than 313m views.
Visible Measures tabulates views based on YouTube plays as well as factoring in how often videos are shared on social networks.
The top 10 is as follows with cumulative views in brackets.
1. Twilight Saga: New Moon – movie trailers (592,049,402)
2. Beyoncé – Single Ladies (333,233,982)
3. Lady GaGa – Poker Face (317,708,763)
4. Soulja Boy – Crank Dat (313,861,193)
5. Susan Boyle – Britain’s Got Talent audition (313,177,779)
6. Michael Jackson – Thriller (257,016,016)
7. Miley Cyrus – The Climb (211,165,578)
8. Michael Jackson – Beat It (190,583,064)
9. Mariah Carey – Touch My Body (173,736,822)
10. Lady GaGa – Just Dance (170,636,272)
Source via Twilight Examiner and Pattinsonlife