Saturday, January 1, 2011

Rob's 'Bel Ami' Hungarian Stunt Double Talks About Working With Him



Translation


Eszes Szabolcs really looks like the worlds most beautiful man Robert Pattinson, who is famous for his role of Edward from The Twilight Saga.

The actor recently filmed here his upcoming movie, in which Szabolcs was his stunt double.

– I read the books and watched all the movies, but that's all. I went to the casting not because of Robert Pattinson. I thought it will be an exciting experience for me as an actor to play in a film like this (He is an actor is Hungary, mainly plays in theatres ~ Veronika), even if only an extra. Finally that turned out a completely different thing.

– Lots of people came to the auditions. One of my friend was wondering how we could be ahead of the long line. We walked in the hallway when a man coming from the opposite direction just took a look at me and he was suprised how much similarity is between me and Robert. As later we found out he was the casting manager. We went in and they asked if I have any experiences as an actor, and they gave me a smaller role in the movie. I became Robert's dream. This may sound a bit weird, but in the story there is one part when I meet Robert (George), I'm a rich guy, while he's poor. He sees himself in me, and decides he'll become like me. I also got this role because we are the same in size with Robert, so it will look good in the movie he really can see himself in me. Our head was the one thing we had not the same, because his hat was big for me. But the size of our clothes completely matched.

– In the film are many famous actors and actresses. Uma Thurman, Christina Ricci and Kristin Scott Thomas also plays in it. They are big names in the film industry. The shooting wasn't that easy the first few days. It was very cold outside to shoot. There were a lot of fans waiting to catch a glimpse of Robert, they were able to stand whole day on Andrássy street freezing. At first I couldn't even speak with Rob, 'cause he was stressed because of the crowd. An actor is a human as well. During filming actors make a lot of mistakes in the text or they get the whole scene bad. When we were filming the indoor scenes he was much more relaxed. He came up to me and we talked. He asked me who I was and how long was I acting.

Uma Thurman completely enchanted me. We had a scene we filmed in Tihany (it's a beautiful countryside with a lake and some hills and fields around ~ Veronika). After the shooting we prepeared to go back to the capital, but she [Uma] asked for a little time before leaving. I was curious what she wanted, so I watched her. She went back to the Balaton lake-side, because she wanted to take some flowers as souvenirs. Since this is a costume drama, Uma is wearing a big black dress. Adorable. She is very down-to-earth and funny. She did not act like a superstar. She had only one problem. She didn't like the cottage-cheese dumpling she ate one day. In the very last shooting day she invited me to the crew-party where also attended Robert's girlfriend, Kristen Stewart. When I met her, she just pointed to me, and said, "OMG, you really look like Robert!" Of course in english. That was all about meeting her.


Source | Translation | Via

1 comment:

♪♫ Yaelfica ♪♫ said...

OMG keep on dreaming! i'll wake u up when pigs grow little wings...