Saturday, October 22, 2011

Rob talks sex scene, breaking dawn, Kristen and more

imagebam.com


What was it like working with Bill Condon?
He’s a director that likes to get involved, and he’s also a writer, so he can adapt things in the moment. Something very cool is that before everything used to be so strict ‘This is how it’s in the book, this is how it’s going to be in the film,’ but sometimes things don’t look as good onscreen as they do in paper, so Bill was very daring in interpreting some things differently.

We need to talk about the most important part in this movie, the sex scene, what was that like for you?

The sex scene is never described in the book, so every single person who read it had their own idea in their mind. The entire time we were filming it we thought ‘"We have to make this look spectacular to everyone,’" and we were thinking on how to meet people’s expectations. But you also worry about how you’re going to look, I had never been so worried about that before, but after seeing how much Taylor works out for the movies, I thought ‘Well, everybody is really going to judge me now,’ (laughs loudly). I always tried to think about positions where where I could tense the muscles, and suck in my belly… Ok, I think I just gave the most vain answer I could come up with.

So, you were worried about taking your shirt off?
Well, yeah. Especially because in this saga the body of the characters seems to be a big deal. So in this movie I thought, ‘OK, it’s the last one, I’m getting a six pack,’ and I tried, but it’s VERY hard. I worked out so hard for 6 months, so after filming the sex scene the first thing I thought was ‘Time to eat!’.

How has Kristen evolved all these years as an actress?
Well, she became an adult. She was 17 when we started, she’s 21 now. Her personality has changed a lot. As an actress, she’s always been very confident, that’s why I laugh when people say she’s shy. She’s not shy at all (laughs).

Read the rest over at twilightpoison. Kristen and Taylor's interviews there too.

No comments: