Tuesday, September 10, 2013

James Franco Talks About Rob and 'Queen of the Desert'

Starts at 1:07


Another rumored project of Franco's is director Werner Herzog's "Queen of the Desert," which centers around the friendship between T.E. Lawrence and Gertrude Bell, and stars Robert Pattinson and, potentially, Nicole Kidman (after Naomi Watts reportedly dropped out)."I hope. I met with Werner about it. I've known Werner for a while," Franco said. "He's a huge 'Spring Breakers' fan. The talks about that movie really started after he saw 'Spring Breakers' and gave me one of the best phone calls ever. He called me up with Harmony and just was raving about Alien. He said, 'This movie is like the most important movie of the times. When people look back on 2013, they won't look at Obama's re-election speech, they will look to 'Spring Breakers' to tell us about these times, hundreds of years from now."

True Francophiles know the actor has had something of a fascination with Robert Pattinson and "The Twilight Saga" for years, but "Queen of the Desert" wouldn't be his first meeting with the British actor, apparently."I actually met Robert through Harmony," Franco revealed. "Maybe I'll work with him. It's supposed to happen maybe later this year. I don't think I have any scenes with Pattinson in 'Queen of the Desert.' Harmony wants to work with him. He's a nice guy, so I'd be willing."

source | Thanks to @leamai3 for the link

1 comment:

Iluvthemovies said...

So happy to hear that QOTD may actually happen and at the end of the year. I also am thrilled that Harmony Korine wants to work with Robert. A good day for a Rob fan. Thank you RPL for the post.