Thursday, February 27, 2014

Rob Supports 'Run With Marysol' - Raising Money for Prostate Cancer Research

Rob donated an autographed runner singlet to support Marysol Running on behalf of the Prostate Cancer Research Foundation. We are not sure if Rob's autographed singlet will be auctioned tomorrow at the event (like it says on her tweet) or during the online action that will take place from April 1st through 10th, according to her site. Nevertheless, a great cause to help :)

Here's info about both auctions.



From her site:
Welcome to my fundraise auction on behalf of the Prostate Cancer Research Foundation. I'll be running this year London's marathon and I have a fundraise target of £4,000 pounds.

I would specially like to thank actors Sienna Miller and Robert Pattinson, who have jointly donated 3 items that will be auctioned for this great cause!
Sienna Miller: autographed Burberry handbag and Diane von Furstenberg robe. Robert Pattison: autographed runner singlet. All the items that you will find here are original and were donated by the artists themselves. Also all the items are new, unless otherwise stated.

The online auction will take place on Ebay from 1st through 10th April, so please stay tuned as the link will be posted here as the date approaches. In the meantime, please show your love (and generosity) to this great cause through your donations! Also remember to like my Facebook page http://on.fb.me/1gDV1jB and follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/marysolrunning for updates!

Why I run

My aim is to raise as much money as possible for Prostate Cancer Research, as my husband was stricken with Prostate Cancer in 2010. After surgery, chemo and radio therapy, he has been told he is now in remission.
When this happened to my husband, we were obviously devastated, as we have 3 children, now aged 15, 18 and 27, but we now have a future that is looking better as time goes by.
I discovered that Prostate Cancer is one of the most serious forms of cancer in men, as it often goes undiagnosed, often until it is too late. Also since my husband’s diagnoses, he has been very forthright in talking about it to his friends and colleagues, and telling them that it is important that they get regularly checked by their GP. We have also been reminded of this as other friends have been recently diagnosed, and although each person is different, we hope that it was perhaps the experiences of my husband that prompted these friends to be checked.
The more I have learned, then the more I wish to help in raising money and more importantly, awareness of the problems of prostate cancer, and as I lead a very hectic life, I still ensure I work out and keep fit at my Local YMCA in central London on a daily basis.
I have been involved in running 5k and 10k races, particularly for Breast Cancer, for many years, and this was also brought home to me as I myself had a scare approximately 2 years ago with a lump in my breast, luckily benign, and I now want to stretch myself to the next level. So in the next few months,I'll take part in other races. I will keep you posted about that!
I sincerely wait in great anticipation of I hope a positive outcome to this personal effort.
Donating through Virgin Money Giving is easy so please support me today!


Marysol
Proprietor of Mestizo Restaurant & Tequila Bar, London and Madrid


Fundraising Event - Feb 28th at Mestizo


Details of the event:
FUNDRAISING EVENT
Friday 28 February, 8pm
Downstairs Mestizo

Please support our manager Marysol Alvarado who will run the London Marathon on Sunday 13 April raising funds for The Prostate Cancer Research Centre by joining us on this event.

Tickets are only £20.00 and include a welcome margarita or beer or wine or soft drink plus some mouth watering Mexican antojitos. There will be a silent auction and raffle with all proceeds going to this Centre.

Alternatively, keep an eye for her online fundraising auction starting 1 April. Items donated by celebrity actor Robert Pattinson and actress Sienna Miller will be auctioned for this great cause. If you're a big fan of these two wonderful supporters, this is a great chance to grab some fabulous stuff and make your friends jelaous!

You can follow Marysol's journey on Twitter @MarysolRunning and Facebook (Run with Marysol) and to make a donation please visit http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/MarysolAlvarado.

6 comments:

The Great Eccedentesiast said...

Too bad he doesn't do more of these things…

RobstenCuteness said...

Thank you Rob and Sienna. My dad passed from Prostate Cancer so it means a lot to those of us who have lost someone to it.

Mandy said...

Mandyandmymind, he actually does a LOT. Maybe you should scroll through the charity tag here and know better before saying "too bad".
More than so many celebs in the business, its really a great thing the attention he brings to so many causes

Unknown said...

Love Rob ♥

debbie nerissa threet said...

What a sweetie! I hope they reach their goal and quickly.

Unknown said...

Such an interesting article, I've really enjoyed reading this. I have recently discovered Listen Limited fundraising agency, you should check them out.